McKee Bridge Historical Society
Open June through August, most weekends from 1 pm until 4 pm
Upper Applegate Road
Jacksonville, OR 97530
The mission of the McKee Bridge Historical Society is to preserve our bridge in a safe and presentable condition and to educate the public about the history of the bridge and the surrounding Applegate area. The McKee Covered Bridge was built in 1917 and closed to vehicular traffic in 1956, but was left open to pedestrians. It is owned by Jackson County. However, there had been no county or state funds
allocated for repairs or maintenance since 1990. Since that time dedicated residents from the area have raised the necessary funds to perform numerous repairs and restoration. In 1999, the McKee Bridge Historical Society was formed to formally oversee this historic entity. A miniature replica of the bridge is a mobile museum, and a free Virtual Museum on the MBHS website, www.mckeebridge.org, offers over 1200 easily-searched photos, stories and replicas from the Applegate watershed. Follow MBHS on Facebook or check the events page on the website for events and excursions, including the annual Christmas On A Covered Bridge.